Saturday, September 1, 2012

Great Examples And Life Mentors

Last week I was chatting with a friend, she asked me to watch the video of "The Secret".
I read the book a couple years ago when my Guru had asked me to do some soul searching. The book was NOT great, that's just my opinion. Maybe it wasn't the right time for me to read it, who knows. But I watched the video. And ended up with three pages of notes. It was great!! I was ready to hear it now!

That same friend has made a few really big life changes in the past couple of years. She is always delightful even when the challenges along her path a confusing and hard. 

My youngest daughters sent me a treasure the other day that was priceless. She though of me, she gave me something that I will value all my life. That act moved her into the favorite child status!!!

I shared that treasure with my friend Marge, who was so thrilled for me.
She is always so loving and supportive. No matter the situation, she is such a great friend.

Out of the blue, I got a "Surprise" love note yesterday. Reminding me that I am thought of. Reminding me that I am important, and cared for. 

Last night I spoke with a friend, who, when asked how he is doing, he always says "Wonderful!" And the thing about him is, he truly is. That's just how he lives his life. Even though all the elements in his world may not be, he still lives every day to the fullest. 

I got a text from a friend who's company downsized a few months ago and his job was dissolved. He took another job, with a six month project term, in a different state. He left his home and family to make sure he could provide for them. He looked at this scary new step as an adventure. 

I also got a text from a friend who always seems to take life in stride. Doesn't take things too serious. He was in the middle of a project this morning when it started to rain. He sent me a photo then a video of the down pour. He took the time to see the bright side of the moment. 

Another friend is on his way home. Took some time off to take his mom on a trip, so that she could see her home one last time before it sells. I know that this trip was alot of planning for him, alot of work for him. But he always does his best to do the right thing. 

This was part of the email that a friend sent to me this morning~
"If the situation can't be controlled, then you can only work on those things you can control: Being a good parent, doing good at your job, learning all you can about what makes [you happy], exercising and eating properly, being up to speed with current events."
This friend always lifts my spirit.

Then as I sat down to blog this morning I got a call from Superman! He also talked about concentrating on the things we have control of. Being in the minute for those you love. 

I am very blessed to be surrounded by people that love me, to have a support system that is so vast and delightful. I thank you all!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment