Wednesday, May 22, 2024

DAVE

I met Dave yesterday… Dave is a Vietnam Vet and he is one of a kind. 
When he stopped into my office yesterday he had forgotten his glasses at home, but brought his dog. Today he  remembered his glasses, but couldn’t find his teeth. The dog stayed home. Dave met me for his 9am appointment at 10:30, but I was prepared. He did bring in his book of poetry today, so I could see his work. Interesting, very interesting. He even read some of it to me as I worked. 
Dave is planning to go to Cali and Rome to see a concert. Four concerts actually, just one band … The White Buffalo! He was astonished that I had never heard of them before, So I did google the band and I’m sure I never heard their work before. But my friend Dave is all about the White Buffalo. 
Dave is loud, his gray hair is in a long ponytail, his eye brows, most of them are about 2 inches long, but a few I am sure, measure 3 inches in length. Dave has traveled the world, he is a free thinker, and a hippy at heart. His suspenders are leather, he wears band tee’s and when he asked me to help him with an app in his phone it took two Clorox whipes to clean it enough before I would touch it. 
In the end, we set up one rental car, two airline tickets, and four hotels. And yes, four concerts tickets, three are back to back, and a very happy Dave! 

No comments:

Post a Comment