Monday, May 20, 2024

ALL THE HEALTHY THINGS

When I was a girl my grandmother was all about homeopathy. She believed in natural healing, supplements and holistic self care. She had the green foot massage thing that was rather painful, but as kids we stood on it anyway because it was so strange. She drank aloe vera juice and ate papaya tablets. She also believed in a bit of red wine when she thought we weren’t watching. 
As an adult I too looked to homeopathic remedies and holistic medicine. I believe in aloe and apple cider vinegar. I believe in deep breathing and meditation. I believe in walking shoeless in the grass and using essential oils. The list goes on and on. 
Every day, I take cinnamon and turmeric, B complex and biotin. I take a multivitamin and magnesium,  garlic, vitamin D and krill oil. The latest additions to my regimen are elderberry and ashwagondha. I take them before bed, and I’m sleeping better. Win!!!
I was blessed with some great genes, and I give all the credit to my grandmother and all of her Italian magical shaman teachings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment