Thursday, January 5, 2023

RICCOTA

RICOTTA CHEESE
“If the Italian word ricotta doesn’t translate to glorious, fluffy cheese clouds in English, I’d like to speak to someone about changing that. Because that’s exactly what ricotta is: light, spongy, creamy, glorious fresh cheese.“ Alex Delany

Its a cheese made of whey. Sort of like cottage cheese, but smooth and spreadable with a yummy flavor. 

I love a bit of riccota with salt and pepper, and maybe a few oil cured black olives. Some crusty Italian bread with Balsamic vinegar and olive oil to go with it. This with a lemon salad makes a perfect meal!

I learned my love of riccota from my grandmother. She made everything wonderful. 

I took my daughter and granddaughter for a culinary outing and as we perused some gourmet tidbits, I found Baked Blueberry Riccota. I was tickled. It is like the most decadent cheesecake I have ever had. The 2.5 ounce slice cost about $5, but as it is only consumed in tiny morsels at a time, I do believe this was money well spent. 

I wish grandma was here to enjoy this with us, I know she would love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment