Friday, January 6, 2023

GRIEF


I’ll be very honest, when I read the summery for this book, my latest read, I didn’t read it very carefully. Or maybe the summarized description of this book wasn’t completely understood, by me, the reader. I was excited to read it due to the author and the narrator.
To my dismay and disappointment, I found out that this book was all about “grief”. 
I actually found that the writing was done so extremely well that it drew me right in. I found that I couldn’t wait to get back to the book almost as soon as I hit pause. 
I am looking at grief from a new vantage point. The way the details unfolded and were shared, totally helped me to see that process of grief is truly a personal journey and has steps to navigate. 
I probably would never have chosen this book if I had known it’s true genre. But as this new year has started, and I am wanting to expand my literary consumption, this was a perfect start. 
I do highly recommend this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment