Monday, January 2, 2023

BUTTONS

I inherited my great grandmothers button box, it’s fragile and lovely. It no longer holds buttons but sits on my dresser reminding me of the generations before me. I played with those buttons as a child, my children played with them also. 

I have been collected buttons from family and friends for years. I have purchased so many buttons for one project or another. I have a jar of animal shaped buttons that my granddaughter loves to play with. I have a vintage baby food jar full of buttons and small things… like tiny army men. I have a collection of wooden painted buttons and I just recently received 200 small wooden flower buttons. I’m not sure what I’ll do with all of them, but I anticipate a lovely quilt showcasing some of them. I love this simple collection. 






No comments:

Post a Comment