Thursday, September 8, 2022

TIME OFF REQUEST

My boss stopped into my office yesterday and told me I needed to look at my calendar and submit a time off request. I looked dumbfounded at him and could not clearly comprehend his statement. 

I have been holding down the work fort for the last few weeks, I am beyond busy and there is no finish line in sight. 
This year has been truly a blur. I have put in more overtime and worked harder than I could have imagined I would. (And it’s tiring, physically and mentally. Interesting how your body and mind work and pay in tandem for the stress you put it through.)
My boss is retiring in the next few weeks. That alone will change the dynamics of the office. But we are currently training two new employees also. I am grateful for the newbies, but they will not lighten the work load for probably six more months or so. 
I don’t currently see a light at the end of the tunnel.
But early next month I have a life event happening, one that I want to be completely in the moment for. I want to be prepared and present, so that I won’t miss a minute. Then there is a business trip that I need to fully immerse myself in. Then Halloween, I am looking forward to that, then Thanksgiving and onto Christmas and New Years celebrations. Then the busiest work months follow.
I realize that I am so very blessed. However, I feel like everything is staring to snowball. 
And when I stop, and take two more pills for the migraine that still isn’t going away, I think that maybe I do need to look at my calendar and submit a time off request. 
I’ll do that tomorrow I’ll give my boss a hug too. 

4am… I’ve been awake for hours. Maybe I can sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment