Friday, July 1, 2022

THE GIFT OF OPTIONS

 Yesterday was another overwhelmingly busy day at work. I think I put in ten hours, again. The work load I am under is that of 3 people and I never feel like I can slow down or catch up. I thought things would lighten up as the months went by, but I was incorrect. Half way though the day I got a TEAMS message from Kelley in headquarters. She wanted a video call with me, and she wanted it now. My brain started processing everything that could be wrong. I couldn’t think of anything that amiss, and figured if had made it all the way up the ladder to Kelley, I couldn’t hide now anyway. So I flipped my camera lens open and stuck a pink earbud in my ear. 

Kelly is sweet, always busy and holds more information than anyone should have to. After our greeting pleasantries, she said “I have looked at your calendar and I know your vacation schedule. I also know you have turned down the other offers I have given you this year, but I have two other options I think you might like.” I was so relieved that it wasn’t an issue with one of my files, that I took a dead breath and relaxed. She went on to say “You turned down the option of the Caribbean and the Mediterranean. But you are on the top of the list and I would like to offer you two more options. 

The first 

“8 Days in PARIS”

 The second option 

“10 Days in IRELAND.”


Several years ago I went to “Hawaii” on a business trip. That trip fell on my vacation plans to go to Idaho with a friend, to watch the eclipse. That worktrip was tough, yes it was Hawaii, but it was exhausting. The options I have turned down this year, came during a timeframe I didn’t think I could devote to being out of the office. These new options fall on the week I have plans to take a road trip with my daughter. 

My heart is torn. I am looking forward to the road trip. I would love to see Paris… the architect, the bridges, the Louvre. 

But Ireland! Ireland is near the top of my Destination Bucket List for sure. 10 days… what to do, what to do!





No comments:

Post a Comment