Wednesday, November 4, 2020

IN THE DARK

 This past weekend we entered Daylight Saving Time. A totally useless loss of evening light. 

Now my drive home from work is in the dark. I drive through a small town, then through the country for nearly an hour. Usually I love my drive, but not as much in the dark. I don’t like driving in the dark. The country roads are narrow and they are not lit. 

Last night as I drove, I saw red eyes at the road side. I was very happy that the animal hiding did not run out in the road. As I got closer, my headlights lit the darling little fox that was keeping watch. I was delighted!

Tonight, at just about the same location, I saw no hiding critters. But I was scared to bits by an owl that flew out of the trees, right in front of my car. It was beautiful! I was a bit freaked out, but once again, I was delighted! 

I still don’t like to drive at night, but how wonderful the night can be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment