Thursday, November 5, 2020

HEART BREAK

 Friday night I had an appointment with my friend Laura, she owns a cute salon called Lavish. The appointment was at 6:30, since I don’t get back into town until about then each work night. When I got to the salon I met another beautician and a lovely young woman with long hair. The four of us chatted and enjoyed our time together. 

The young lady was getting her hair prepped for her upcoming wedding. The wedding date was set for the week of November 16th. She spoke of the house they just bought, their dog and how much her parents loved her young man. She was truly delightful. 

Laura finished my hair and we wished the young lady our very best with her upcoming nuptials, then we went out to dinner. 

This morning I got a text from Laura. She asked me if I remembered the sweet young woman at the salon. Yes of course I did! 

Her fiancé died this week, a heart attach. He was no more than early 30s. My breath caught, how do you process that? How do you get past the shock? Knowing full well that the young woman’s life was totally altered. Her heart was broken. Now mine is also. 

Prayers have been said. 

My heart is still broken. 💔

No comments:

Post a Comment