Sunday, November 10, 2019

Table and Chairs

I bought the table several years ago, at a second hand store. I fell in love with it. 
It cost me $25.00
It had paint splatters and oil rings on it.
But, it is a darling little table.
I had sanded it twice but it still looked sad. 
So it was time to give it some TLC. 
We sanded it for the third time and picked out some paint. After several coats and some very stinky polyurethane, my darling table is now a dining room table! 
Then there was the issue of chairs.
I knew I wanted a mismatched set of sturdy wood chairs. We found the first one at a second hand shop in Central City for $6.00
Then we went to Owensboro’s Trading Post. 
It is an amazing place! They have everything under the sun there, it’s organized and stocked full of happiness! 
We chose 5 chairs we liked, all of them mismatched. Sturdy old wood beauties! One is totally unfinished, and gives off splinters. One was broken and has been repaired. One matched my parents chairs from my teen years and one was from the Tell City Chair company. We liked them so much I went back and bought two more! The chairs need some elbow grease. But they are wonderful! 





First chair












We went to one place to look for chairs, and were told that we would never find good chairs for my asking price. 
But we did. 
In the long run, a table and eight chairs cost $101.00...not bad at all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment