Sunday, November 17, 2019

BOOKS

In the past I read to fill boredom.  Now my eyes are it what they once were,
but my passion for reading has grown. I try not to be a tv watcher as a rule.
(although I do more bing watching than I’ll admit to)
In the past I bought lots of books. I can say I had a very nice book collection.
But after several moves, I donated more than a few boxes of literature.
Now I use the app through my local library to find my books.
I just can’t see paying for something I will only read once.
Please don’t get me wrong, I do buy books, I still love my little hard and soft cover collection.
But for the most part I listen to audiobooks.
The invention of audiobooks was the best thing since the internet I do believe.
I spend about 7.5 hours a week driving.
I also have hobbies that give me time to listen.
So as I drive or sew or paint or cook and clean, I listen.
I try to listen to a verity of genres. I love historic fiction, cozy mysteries,
magical suspense, self help and a steamy romance every now and then.
I try to choose books that are part of a collection.
I also like books with several hundred pages.
If the book is filled with details and an intriguing plot,
I want to get caught up in it for as long as possible.
Last year I listened to 53 books. This year I am currently on 43.
But there are several weeks to go still in this year.
📖🎧📚♥️

No comments:

Post a Comment