Thursday, November 7, 2019

Today’s Funny

As I researched promotional details with a vendor today, I got more than a little grumpy with the rep I was speaking with. I knew the information I was requesting was accurate. I just needed specific details. However the rep was fast to tell me I was inaccurate and to email my information in to their support department. I thanked him and hung up.
I then called back and got a different rep. 
I asked my question, provided my sources and showed the new rep where to find the information I had. ( Same information I attempted to give the first rep.)
This rep walked through my steps, put me on hold and got a supervisor to verify my details. 
She came back with the requested information. We went over all the details and the process to get it taken care of. She thanked me for being so patient. (The call should have taken no more than 10 minutes and I had now been on the phone with this company for over an hour.)
I thanked her for all her help and for not being the same rep that I spoke to at first. I may have said something about doing bodily harm to the first rep. (All my coworkers overhearing me, all laughed out loud.)
As I concluded my call my boss walked into my office and set a toaster on my desk and then left my office. I laughed so hard I nearly cried! 



You see, I try to treat everyone as if they are all wonderful humans. But truthfully, some people just aren’t. And once in a while I just want to gift those people a toaster for their bath.... I may have an wicked streak!
At my desk, back against the window is a cute little picture in a cute little frame that eases my evilness. My coworkers know me well, one giving me the frame, one giving me the picture. But when my boss brought me the toaster today... that was just priceless!






No comments:

Post a Comment