Friday, April 13, 2018

Childhood Foods

You know how you want to taste something you had as a kid?!
Every once in a while the thought of eating a can of spagettio’s sounds great, but when I do (ones every 5 years or so) I am hugely disappointed by the experience. Well a few weeks ago, I was picking a few things up at the grocery, and I came across canned spinach. As a kid, I remembered that I had kinda liked it. I remember having it with dinner. So it has been co-mingling in my pantry with the canned apricots that I love and the other staples I keep there. Until tonight. When I decided that I wasn’t hungry enough to make an entire dinner, but I was hungry. And there was that Popeye friendly food.. So I plopped it into a bowl and was kind of excited to have a blast from my past. Until I tasted it. Realized it needed major amounts of salt and then tried it again. It’s probably been 40 plus years since I had it last. And I am sure that in another 40 plus years I won’t be trying that again! Yuck
I like a fresh spinach and strawberry salad any time. But that canned stuff is not happening ever again! Ever!!!

Liver and curry won’t happen again either, just saying!

No comments:

Post a Comment