Sunday, April 8, 2018

smArt

Let me start by saying that I am so very grateful to be part of this generation upon the Earth. We, that’s a spontaneous all of us we, are living better and longer than those that came before us. And if I come off sounding spoiled and ungrateful, I apologize.
I have a smart phone. It is my constant companion. I am not ashamed to acknowledge that my phone, although not the latest or greatest is far smarter than I am. But I am okay with that. My computer at work was just upgraded, and I am struggling with it. I am also quick to praise and thank the younger coworkers who are more adept at understanding and conquering these new challenges.
I do not have a Roomba, although the thought of my floors (my least favorite chore) getting clean without me is pleasing, I think that the little critter would give me cause to gripe. So I don’t want one.
I do however own a High-Efficiency washing machine. When I bought it, it was the first new thing I had bought all by myself. The price for the washer and dryer was fare, and it was the first new laundry set that I had ever bought. I will be honest, I did not do any homework. I knew it was a trusted brand and I was purchasing it from a reputable establishment. I just wanted something all mine so I did not have to schlep to the laundromat in my new town. Little did I know, and with the first wash load I found out that my washer is a Genius washer.
And I am genius not so much. The washer weighs the load and only uses the amount of water that it requires. It locks the lid so as to not use more electricity that it has to. I am all for conservation and going green. But when I want to open the lid of my washer ten times I should be able to. Or if I want to have the thing sit for two days half full just to soak, it should do just that. But no... it’s little High Efficient self thinks it knows better than me. So I flipped the circuit breaker. It will sit and soak as long as I want it’s HE self to do so!
Lots of four letter words poured out of my mouth over this silly misplaced HE tool today.

It’s cleaning day here in my little house. And I think I may need an adult beverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment