Saturday, April 21, 2018

Earth Day

It is a beautiful day today! I slept late and then took the twin bridges to Henderson to get gas. Music up LOUD and the windows rolled down. Spring is glorious at this moment, with everything budding and blooming. A true delight after a wonderful winter. So, I decided it was too nice a day not to take a drive. I took the back rout to my old farm house in Kentucky. I love that drive. And even though I am happy not to be in that cute house any more, I truly miss the area. The rolling hills, the woods, the CUTE! I headed back to Evansville singing at full tilt with my playlist, my hair dancing in the wind....when a huge bug slammed into my cheek. My first thought was “Don’t panic”, it couldn’t have lived the break neck speed it collided with my, surely bruised cheek. But I am a girly girl and did indeed panic! Just where had the remains of the kamikaze insect gone????? Without taking my hands off the wheel or my eyes off the road, I took invintory. I couldn’t feel anything on me, but the windows were still down and my hair was everywhere. I rolled up the windows, yes I am a slave to my fear of replete kamikaze insect attacks. Then I realized, although my blouse is not low cut or revealing, it is not insect proof either. Cautiously I looked down....YEP the invader lives and I now feel VERY INVADED! Thankful that I had not tossed the crumpled napkin that was in my cup holder, I grabbed it and dove in for search and rescue. This was not one of those times that being blessed with abundance in the cleavage department made me happy. Icky icky icky! When the invader was located and removed (this is a good time to state that I did drive rationally through all this and there was no one anywhere near me... but if there had been I am sure they would have been laughing!) his little bee days were OVER! He was dead, wrapped in a napkin and tossed onto the floor-bord of my SUV.
I drove home, went into my tiny backyard and pulled all the weeds. Then I sprinkled bug killing granules all over my yard.
 Happy Earth Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment