Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Happenings Here in Mayberry...,

Tonight I sat down to enjoy dinner and a bit of Nova on PBS ( because I love that kind of educational entertainment...or maybe because I am old? Either way, that was my plan) I would also be chatting with my Life Coach this evening. (Yes, this is how I spend my Wicked Wednesday evening!)
But, from outside I could hear a lot of commotion. It sounded like teenage girls, being loud obnoxious teenage girls. I didn't think much of it. There are new neighbors down the way, they get a bit loud now and then. Just one of the joys of apartment life in Mayberry. Well, the volume got louder and more hysteric.  Until someone screamed "Stop yelling!" I had no desire to intrude on someone else's drama, so I finished dinner and Nova, let the dog out, washed the dishes and headed upstairs.... on the way I looked out the peep hole in the front door. It was dark outside (nearly 8pm), but I could see three sets of headlights angled toward the new neighbors place. Mayberry's finest were here, no need to worry about a thing. I headed upstairs and had my chat with my Life Coach and my world was again spinning in the correct rotation, I looked out the window. The volume was over, people were loitering and deputy Barney Fife was setting things to order. I watched as the sheriffs department left one by one. Those involved were now calm. I had viewed all I could, assured again that there really was nothing to see...and it was dark, so who knows what I was seeing anyway. I took a shower, brushed my teeth and climbed into bed.
What an exciting evening, I am thankful that my Wicked Wednesday evening was drama free.
I'm sure Doc, my next door neighbor, will give me all the neighborhood info tomorrow, so I will be up to date on the happenings here in Mayberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment