Monday, September 5, 2016

TOUGH PUPPY LOVE

Cheree is beside herself. She is doing her puppy cry at this very moment. And it's all my fault? Let me explain:

When I fill her puppy bowl, she has a cute little ritual of "Dog Prayer". She taps her place mat with her nose, then taps her bowl. She does this over and over and over. It is darling, and always the same.


When I drop any tidbit of food on the floor, she is all over it and under my foot. When she hears the cutting board being used, she can't move fast enough to make sure she won't miss a thing. She is a perfect Hoover! And if I put a special treat in her bowl, like sliced tomato, chicken, cheese or pizza, she eats every speck.


However, when she eats her puppy kibble, she is a very sloppy puppy. She leaves puppy bites all over her place mat and the floor. She never eats the puppy bites that escape the bowl... ever. Even when she has emptied her bowl she still will not clean up the mess, it gets spread all over the floor.


When Cheree emptied her bowl of puppy kibble (and tomato) she came to tell me her bowl was empty (she gets very excited, it's so cute). When I looked at her place mat, once again, it was covered in the bits she refused to eat. So I took her bowl, knowing that my puppy was full and not in need of more kibble. She saw me take her bowl, I showed her the bits left behind, she sniffed them in acknowledgement, and I left the room. Since then she has whined, barked, danced and given me lots of kisses, to let me know she needs more food. Yet, as the photo shows, she wont eat the unloved bits. I will give her bowl back as soon as she tidies the floor.

AN HOUR LATER.......

Lesson learned....sad bits eaten, and full bowl having "Dog Prayers" being given at this moment!


No comments:

Post a Comment