Sunday, September 25, 2016

I WAS SHOCKED

I went to my friends for dinner last night. I had been chatting on the phone with my daughter as I drove there .... I parked down the street a ways from my friends place, due to limited street space when I arrived, then gathered all my things and headed in the house at about  5:45pm.
We had dinner and talked wedding stuff for a bit. Then we went for a drive to look at the chosen HalloWedding party location and gazebo spots. When we got back to thier place, we chatted a bit more, I gathered my things and said goodnight. Their street is not well lit, so it was quite dark as I started to maneuver my Green Giant Tahoe out of the perfect parallel parking spot. It was then that I saw something on my windshield. I was more worried than curious. But I put the Tahoe in park and got out. I walked around the the passenger side and lifted the windshield wiper. Did I mention that it was dark outside? As soon as my fingers touched the soft leather I knew what it was. Someone was kind enough to pick up my wallet, that I must have dropped hours before and leave it somewhere I would find it. The realizing that I had dropped it and someone picked it up for me was surprising. But  I was totally amazed to find all my cards and cash still inside! I wanted to thank the good deed doer, but I had no idea who did this act of kindness. I called my friend on my way home, and told her what had happened. She was as surprised as I was. I arrived home by 10pm, checked my bank accounts and so far, nothing has been touched.
This was a humbling experience. Even in very questionable places, there are good people. Restores your hope for humanity right! I'll pass the kindness forward, and keep living on good karma!

No comments:

Post a Comment