Friday, December 25, 2015

I want a Hippopotamus...

I had a dream last night, that I was looking out my sewing room window at the lake behind my place. In my dream I watched a hippopotamus walk out of the lake up onto the grass. It was BIG! I was so excited to tell Angel, the little girl who lives next door. I was SO excited. I don't think I have ever been so excited in a dream. It was thrilling.
When I woke up this morning, I remembered that there was something exciting I had to hurry and do. But I couldn't remember what. As I made my list of things to do today (yes I even make a to do list on Christmas morning) I suddenly remembered the Hippo!! And for a second I got that super excited feeling again.
Then I realized that it was a dream, and that I don't have a Hippo in my little lake.
I was more than a little bit disappointed. Not that I ever wanted a Hippo. But in a funny sort of way I got that little kid excitement and a Hippopotamus for Christmas. It felt good!

No comments:

Post a Comment