Thursday, December 17, 2015

What the....




I went to dinner with a couple of the girls from work. They ordered Gizzards as an appetizer.
And although it looks like fried chicken, a voice from somewhere in my head was screaming "THIS IS NOT FOOD, don't try it!" So I looked at the plate and asked "Do we know where the gizzard comes from exactly, and how many chickens did it take to make this pile?"
A lady, seated at a different table, said "A lot of chickens!" This did not make me feel any better about this.
The girls from work continued to encourage me. And I do like the crispy crunchy part of fried chicken, so reluctantly I picked the tiniest bit and someone said "Just try it, their so chewy." Well that right there about had me running for the door. But the girls at my table where munching away. So I put the tiny piece in my mouth... The crunchy was great, but that chewy unknown what the heck is in my mouth texture had me wanting to spit it on the floor. Everyone had a great time at my expense. I gulped and chased it with a large glass of water with lemon.
Yep, won't be doing that EVER again!

No comments:

Post a Comment