Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas Cookies

Miss Amanda... My son is in love with her.
I knew she must be darn near perfect,
because she makes him happy
and he can't find anything but wonderful about her.
 
For Christmas they sent me
 a care package full of treats and treasures.
They even sent a treat and treasure for my puppy.
I love how thoughtful and delightful everything they sent is.
But when I came across the Christmas Date Cookies,
I cried.
 
Amanda made the same cookies that
my grandmother used to make.
The flood of memories and emotions rolled right over me.
Grandma would use the dates from
the date palms in her backyard,
and Granddad would help her make the cookies.
One of the only memories I have of them working in unison.
These are some of my favorite childhood memories.
 
Amanda didn’t know any of that,
 I don’t think even my children did.
But here in this charming gift box,
was the sweetest Christmas surprise.
 
I am grateful that my son has chosen such a wonderful girl.
I thought she was perfect before,
now I know for sure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment