Thursday, July 23, 2015

Grumble Grumble, Sniffle Sniffle, Pout


Yesterday, after work  I cut the grass in my tiny back yard. I can do the entire space in about 5 minutes. I am still not in love with the weed eater, but I am working on it. After the main area was cut down, I went after the grass and weeds around the garden area. I have garden clippers, so I clipped and pulled. I finished, happy to see my little garden in all is blooming glory. I put my tools away. Then I headed up for a shower. I used my melaleuca and olive oil concoction on my itchy, yet healing chigger bites. I chatted on the phone for a couple hours, reapplied my anti-itch stuff and fell asleep. I don’t think I even moved. When I woke up, I did all the normal ‘get ready for work' things. However when I arrived at work I realized I was itching more than ever before… in my entire life!!!

 
So the girls at work took a look at me, asked a few questions... they pulled up google and asked if I had this in my yard.

Yes I do!! I cut a lot down with the weed eater; I clipped a bunch of it and pulled the rest by hand.

All my coworkers took a step back and someone said “Welcome to the Midwest! You have Poison Ivy!” I texted Jessette, she laughed at me and said “Nature hates you.”

I bought pills, anti-itch cream, and gooey stuff. I want to cry. I feel worse than I look, and I look pretty bad.
Grumble Grumble, sniffle sniffle, POUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment