Monday, August 27, 2012

Our Little Addictions

I know a man who spends $280.00 a month on cigarettes. He also spends $300.00 a month on beer. I have to say I adore this young man, but he knows, as we all do, that he is killing himself. 
As he calculated these figures and he and I were both more than a bit shocked at his money consumption, I challenged him to one less smoke and one less drink per day. He said he really would like to save at least half that each month. I was talking to one of our friends about this, and he said "Angie, we all have addictions that we waist our money on." I protested, letting him know that I don't make enough to have an addiction. He said "You spend just as much on your addiction." Again I said I didn't. And to this he replied "Yes you do, you just gave birth to your addictions!" I love my addictions.....but mine still might be the death of me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment