Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Nation Wide Drought

I grew up here in AZ. I am used to hot and dry. But nation wide this year has been one for the record books. The winter was mild, too mild, and this drought is causing havoc from sea to shining sea. I have a friend who lives in one of those "Fly Over States", his garden didn't fair so well this year, he said that no corn grew in the area either. From what I have read in the paper, farms big and small across the states have all been hit hard. The farmers will feel the bite of the heat waive now, but we will all feel it for some time to come. The price of produce, the price of beef, dairy, then packaged foods too. We may see a drop in prices at first, but then in the months to come, the prices will reflect the catch up that the industry will try to go through. Cereal may not go up in price right away, but I bet we will see the price of a gallon of milk rival a gallon of gas again. Beef hasn't been a big room hog in my freezer in the past, but I bet the cost will keep red meat to a minimum in most family diets. I have done some reading on global warming, and I have watched some programming on it. Man made or the cycle of life. I have my opinions, but that is another entry. We may not all agree on what has brought the weather to this point, but I can assure you, we will all experience the repercussion

No comments:

Post a Comment