Sunday, January 29, 2012

Independence Get Together

I don't go on FB very often. Usually when my son asks me if I viewed his latest post.
But recently I was on the book and I was viewing all my event requests. 
Usually I just decline them. But there was one from a friend. 
(I don't know this friend as well as I would like to, but I have enjoyed the times 
we have hung out. She is the friend of a friend. You know, the friends you see on 
birthdays, but no other time. This one friend isn't like the other friends at the table. 
I have always liked that about her.)  
I looked at the event request and I didn't quite get it. The date for the get together 
was after the Super Bowl, and I don't think her team is even attending 
the big boy game this year. The title of the event didn't fit the date either. 
However I was intrigued. I accepted the invite and marked it in my iPhone 
and on my planner. Then I sent her a note inquiring for more info.
Her reply "I am a single woman!!! So glad you are coming!"
I was sad. Sad that a "life long" partnership is over. 
(PLEASE don't get me wrong; I am a true believer in marriage, 
the institution of marriage is wonderful, something to be valued. 
However I know very few, so very very few that are worth that value. 
I believe that if the partnership is not growing, that the partners are not
being made better by the relationship, it's time to reevaluate. 
ALSO, I believe that people don't leave because things get hard, 
they leave because it's no longer worth it. It is far harder to walk away than to stay.
But more than that I was sad that I do not know this friend well enough to be
aware that she was going through this. I know most people are private, 
usually until the hard part is over, but I also know that it's hard to be the one 
going through it and feeling alone. 
I will be at that 'Independence Get Together'!
I am Happy to attend! I am happy that a new path is being taken by some one that
I think highly of! Happy to celebrate a new chapter in life! 
Independence should never be celebrated alone!!!

  

1 comment:

  1. i love ya angie!!!! i would love to spend more time with you!!!
    malyssa

    ReplyDelete