Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Going into Battle


I took my kids to Spectrum Laser Tag in Mesa. The decor inside was delightful. The service was top notch!
I loved the beginning, where the employee gives all the cleverly worded information and safety tips. And how half of the group knew it by heart as well as the employee did and shouted out all the answers! Cute cute cute! I loved that the theme and artwork where so great; willing you into this inter space battle!
Then you walked though the time warp and into the battle. I had no idea it was going to be so huge or so elaborate. Well thought out, well designed, poorly lit (but I suppose that is part of the point).
My 10 year old was apprehensive in the beginning (her siblings warned me she would become a mercenary once the battle ensured). My young fighting partner drug me along at a cautious yet bloodthirsty pace. I must admit that shooting all those four foot tall bad guys was very difficult for me. (I will say that it is because I am a mommy and had a tough time aiming a gun at them, and that it had nothing at all to do with my lack of warfare ability and talent). I loved to see them so excited and having so much fun! But it did bother me that they traveled in packs and did not mind standing right in front of me while they repeatedly took me out!
The length of our battle was short. Yet I was glad to no longer feel the need to be a martyr for my unknown cause.
I do wish that in the real battles in life when the bell rings, all side would like wise merge as one, to hang up their artillery, and huddle together to wait for the battle facts.
If you are looking to start a revolution, a political coop, or a fascist revolt....don't bother asking me to take part! There were 42 of us in the battle, I came in at number 41. The guy at the end was three years old! Yep...
Wonderful time had by all! I highly recommend it! http://www.stratumhq.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment