Monday, April 15, 2024

LESSON LEARNED

After riding on the back of the bike for several miles, we stopped right across the street from the river. We were going to get some lunch at a little spot just off the Ohio. As I went to get off the bike, my mind was on my biker babe hair do, now resembling dreadlocks rather than the curls I had started the ride with. It didn’t cross my mind to remember to step out from the bike, not just step down. So to my stupidity, the burn on my calf from the scalding pipe was about the size and shape of an egg. And it hurt. 
But the ride back was cool and by the end of the day, the pain had subsided. 
Sunday I was delighted that my leg didn’t hurt at all. I even tested it in the hot tub, no pain!
Last night I watched TV from my spot on our leather sofa. As I got up from my spot, where I was seated with my leg curled up on the leather, I felt the skin of my burn tear from the friction. There was the pain I was hoping not to feel again. Ointment and a big neon yellow bandage were applied to the wound.
As a little girl, I was three actually, I went to give my uncle a kiss goodbye as he was leaving on his bike. That scare was across my three year old tummy. 54 years later, that scar has faded. Let’s see how this one does.
Lesson learned. 

Before the bandage was necessary. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment