Friday, June 30, 2023

TREE TUNNEL


I met a man the other day, as I was driving through a tree tunnel. I have seen him there several times before as I have wandered along this path. He was standing in the middle of the road as I came along the bend. My windows were down, so I could hear the birds as I slowly meandered through the woods. As I drove forward, he stepped to the side and I came to a stop. I told him how much I enjoy this view and how beautiful I find it there. He reconfirmed that his house is the little white one nestled in the woods before the path turns, I assumed that. He told me he had let this part of the path grow up because he thought it looked lovely, and I agreed. He told me how he was planning to litter the area with more wild flower seeds so next year there would be more color. It made me think that this sweet man was working in tandem with God, to bring calming beauty to this little slice of heaven. We chatted for a bit, I thanked him for sharing his vision and the beauty of the land he owns. 
I saw him again yesterday. as I was on the path toward the tree tunnel. Our paths crossed as we headed opposite directions, but we waved, and I thanked God for others who see the world like I do and for tree tunnels.

No comments:

Post a Comment