Friday, May 19, 2023

THE AFTERNOON

I opted to take off early from work today. I left a message on my work phone and I headed to see Mr McDonald. 
Mr McDonald doesn’t have a farm but he has a very large yard with not one, but two greenhouses. He had plants for me; several verities of tomatoes, hot peppers, ground covers and flowers. Some of them were started from seeds that came from Monticello. Just knowing that thrills me! He is a horticulturist in the truest sense of the word. The man truly has a green thumb. He loaded all the fragile plants into my car and sent me on my way. I am so very grateful to him for his generosity, his skill and his kindness. I took the bounty home to my sunroom and added them to my starter table. This weekend I will do some real planting. But now, with the cool breeze and the sweet smell of blossoms in my back yard, with car keys still in my hand, I kicked off my sandals and I have stretched out in my hammock. 
This is a perfect afternoon ! 





No comments:

Post a Comment