Wednesday, June 15, 2022

H2o

 As a child I swam all the time. My brother Eddie and I were fish, always in the water. Both sets of my grand parents had pools and I was always in one. I can remember swimming first thing in the morning and staying in the pool until the stars had all come out late that night. As kids we were taught how to clean the pool and test the water. It was our job to maintain the upkeep. We had a diving board and a slide, an arbor with palm trees. One year we emptied the pool and had it re-serfaced. Then we painted it… there were fish, a mermaid and a treasure chest. It was so cool. As I grew up my friends had pools and we all went to the lakes for water sports. I loved water skiing. And when my children were small I had a couple houses with pools. 

I have swam in the Pacific and the Atlantic, in the waters of Hawaii, in the Golf of Mexico and the in the Caribbean. 

I love the water!

There are few things in this world that relax me like spending time in the water at night. Watching the stars while floating is one of my very favorite things. 

Tonight I sat in the hot tub, the temperature was a chilly 82, And although I could not see the stars, I could see the fireflies twinkling in my backyard. It was peaceful and relaxing. A very nice way to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment