Thursday, May 19, 2022

BREAKFAST

 Yesterday I had a seven a.m. appointment with my dentist. I was on my way to work before eight, so with a few extra minutes, I stopped to get a breakfast burrito at my favorite Mexican place. When I got to work and started the work day, I cut my steak, egg, cheese and potato burrito in half. It’s huge, so it can literally take me all day to finish it. It’s funny how smells, like voices carry in my place of work. There aren’t a lot of employees in my office, but as the morning when on, most of them had all come to inquire about the delicious aroma. I gave them all the link to view the menu. By the end of the work day I had cash and a list of names on my desk. On my way home, last night, I stopped at my favorite takeout spot and put in my advanced order for todays breakfast. (The place is newish, and I don’t think it’s location is that great for big business. So I have worried that they won’t last.) I placed my pre-order with the staff, who were tickled with the business, and we chatted for a few minutes. I told them how grateful I am that they are here and how I have tried so many Mexican establishments to find the eats I grew up with. No other place with in several hundreds of miles comes even a little bit close. But Alfonso’s Taco Shop is amazing good! I was thanked for my business and was told that the order would be ready at 8am. 

So I need to hurry and get ready for work now, since I have to go pick up breakfast for my office. Can’t wait for everyone to find out how amazing this breakfast is!

Yummmmmmm! 🌯

No comments:

Post a Comment