Monday, January 10, 2022

STRIVE

So, it’s a new year and as I have done in the past several years, I have chosen a Word. The Word Of The Year is a concept that a friend shared with me over a decade ago. And although I have been contemplating this years word for months, I just didn’t feel like I was quite on target with my vocabulary. 
When my children were young, and so was I for that matter, I home schooled my oldest two for a f couple years. The home school curriculum wasn’t as readily available as it is now, but I gave it my best effort. I learned a lot. I think my girls did too. But I found that school years are like a wave. First grade is jam packed with big learning steps. Second grade is a refresher, a fine tuner. Third grade is a big step again, and fourth grade is a refiner. Not that every grade level isn’t intended to grow and build little minds. They are all important. But some years were more about developing in a powerhouse kind of way. 
I feel that is the situation I’m in this year. I had some eye opening lessons in 2021, not real shocking revelations, but clarity moments. The ones that really are “Ah-Ha” moments. The ones that make you take new inventory and reevaluate your everything. 
Well I did. 
And it caused me to refocus and hunker down on the importance of a few key personal life areas. So after great deliberation, I have chosen the word I want to inspire my life in 2022. It is STRIVE.

STRIVE: 
Make great efforts to achieve or obtain something of value. To work at defining those areas that, when cultivated and refined will create future success. 

So, Strive it is. It’s a remedial year for me. I may not be looking to learning too much new this year, but I am honing my skills for a stronger future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment