Thursday, January 6, 2022

FOLLOWING YOUR HEART

“DON’T EVER FEEL GUILTY FOR GOING AFTER WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE. EVEN IF THAT DOESN’T SUITE EVERYONE ELSE AROUND YOU”

After all, I’m sure my great grandparents had opposition when they chose to leave their home in Sicily, Italy. But they did; even though there was separation while my Papa worked as a laborer here in America to earn enough money to provide a home and the fee to bring his family here to be with him. And the huge unimaginable task to bring 5 children across the Atlantic alone by their mother. To start life anew, because they were searching for the happiness they longed for. 
In all they had 6 children and dozens of grandchildren and great grandchildren, who spread out all over the U.S. as we grew up.
My great grandparents didn’t stop then. Nope, when their youngest moved to Arizona with her family, my great grandparents moved too. So did several of their other offspring. 
I feel so blessed that I have memories of my great grandparents. They were very old when I was a little girl, but I remember. 
As we close in on fifty years since their deaths, I am reminded again at their decision to follow their hearts.
And how that opened the path for all those that followed them. 
They left a legacy of wanderlust and love…that I am proud to keep alive. 
I hope my great grandchildren will one day continue in my footsteps. 
♥️Eek

No comments:

Post a Comment