Tuesday, March 9, 2021

A THING OF BEAUTY

I have an appreciation for vintage vehicles. My true love affair is with the 1953 Chevy 5 window truck. True Bliss there!
But as I have aged and come to understand the passion behind the love of old cars I understand that it is in the restoration and preservation of our past. I like that this passion is ageless. Kids to old timers have the application. And although it is a costly hobby, I think it is a wonderful form of keeping history alive. And no matter if it’s foreign, American made, or the mid-century tractor, it is all A Thing of Beauty. 
Yesterday I saw a 1964 Corvette pulled over on the side of a country road. Behind it was a newer SUV. The vette had a flat rear passenger tire. And there were three men, all with white hair, bent down taking a look. My first thought was that someone should call AAA. My second thought, and probably the more accurate one, was that all three of those “young” men was just tickled with the thought of playing with this hot rod. As would be expected! The weather is nice, it’s time to take to the open road. 





No comments:

Post a Comment