Monday, March 8, 2021

GARBAGE IN GARBAGE OUT

 When my children were young I taught them that the information that they mentally consumed was just as important as what they put into their bodies.  

GARBAGE IN GARBAGE OUT

We watched the words that were said at home, the way we spoke to one another. We worked on positive speaking to others and positive self talk as well. I made sure that what was viewed and listened to in our home was worth putting in the home. I knew that my children would learn all the Garbage outside our home, but gosh darn it, I was going to try my best at teaching them that what is in the home is wholesome. Just like the food you put into your body, the information you put in your mind can pollute you. 

All in all, I think the practices at home were lessons well taught. I still believe that what you watch on TV, listen to on the radio, podcast or click on FB, Twitter or TikTok not only can be bad for your own self health, but it continues to encourage that same Garbage to continue. If we want a better world, we need to make sure we make choices that make a better world. 

I read this today...

Susie Moore:


This weekend I shared the elevator with what appeared to be a personal trainer and her client. They clutched their salad bags and the trainer said proudly, "You are what you eat!" πŸ₯—

(I'm guessing the client wanted to eat something else - and I wanted to chime in and say "hey, I feel ya").
πŸ˜‚

There's no denying the (very toned) trainer in her matching workout gear was right.

What we put inside of our body makes a difference.

But I always want to ask another question when I observe the care people put into their meals:

"What about your brain diet - what are you consuming there?"

It's no secret that we'll spend more on organic food, go the extra couple of blocks for the healthier lunch option, and ensure we have particular stuff to snack on at home that's good for us. Some of us are pretty uncompromising on this.

So today, I feel called to ask you this:

What are you tuning into, reading, listening to, scrolling upon?

It matters.

Because the same principle applies to the brain as it does to the body.

πŸ›‘ Rubbish in = rubbish out! πŸ›‘

It's important to be informed, yes. To stay on top of what's going on in the world and doing what you can to be responsible and safe for yourself and others.

But... are you allowing yourself to consume enough good things, too?
And... do you allow good things be *the majority* of what you put in your brain?

Are you:

Following people who make you feel good?
Reading enough inspirational books?
Seeking out stories that will cheer you up?
Tuning into empowering, upbeat music?
Opening up your mind to new, conscious ways of being?
Listening to uplifting and informative TED talks, YouTube videos, podcasts?
Seeking out positive, supportive friends?


Almost ALL of this is free of charge! There's no reason not to.

If you feel heavy, sad, anxious, powerless (or any other negative emotion right now) - ask yourself:

What's playing in the background? What have you been paying attention to? Where's your focus?

There's a direct correlation to your mental consumption of information and how you feel each day.
πŸ’ͺ

I felt a bit unenergized a couple of days ago and so sat down and re-read one of my old faves by Abraham Hicks:



No comments:

Post a Comment