Tuesday, March 24, 2020

LIFE TRANSITION

All industry is feeling the effects of Covid 19. Every one is trying to stock their homes and still keep a distance from others in hopes of not spreading this illness, I marvel at the speed of change. Walking through the grocery the other day, I listened to people complain that the selves were so bare. Yet I left with nearly all the items on my list. How blessed I felt that the necessities for my home were all available.
Today I packed my office into a few boxes and unplugged my computer. Then I drove home in the rain, thinking to myself that I wouldn’t drive those roads again until this health crisis is over, and by then the trees will be green. 
I arrived home to a new land line and set up my “home office”. I will miss the company I keep at work, but I feel so blessed to continue to work from home. We all need to make changes and sacrifices to help keep others and ourselves healthy. This getting back to basics and being mindful that self reliance is something we should work on all the time not just when life changing events happen, are great life lessons. Just like being re-educated in proper hand washing and cleaning techniques. We have all learned a few things through this life event. I’m glad we, all of us, are going through this trying time together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment