Friday, December 20, 2019

Oh my!

I took today off, needed an extra day to get holiday things done.
I lounged in bed for a while, then go up to get ready.
Only to find the bathroom sink was not having any of it
and it proceeded to convince me that there is a corpse hidden in my bathroom sink.
So I went about using baking soda and vinegar on all remaining drains upstairs.
Then I moved all make-up and hair care needs to the smaller bathroom and got my game face on.
I then puttered around, pulling out the last few gifts I have been hiding.
I tossed a load of wash in and realized I was starving. Not wanting to take the time to prep,
I simply pulled out the peanut butter and crackers.
I don’t love peanut butter, but figured I might like it better today.
I munched away as I gathered up the empty water bottles that I leave around the house....
And realized that I was going to die due to this peanut cracker concrete I couldn’t get to make its way down my esophagus. I took a drink from a particularly empty water bottle and then another.
After several swallows of yucky water I could see I was going to live.
But the peanut butter had to go.
Then... I remembered that I use to love honey peanut butter. So I looked through the pantry for the honey. Of course it was crystalized and wouldn’t pour. The Egyptians stored this stuff into the next life, I could surly nuke it and revive my little plastic bear of golden goodness.
So into the microwave the honey went.
When the timer rang, I opened the door. Only to find that the little plastic bear, whom was holding all my honey, had given up the ghost and fallen face first onto the revolving microwave plate. Letting it’s golden honey pour all over the plate and as opened the door it poured out.
I realize at this point that I haven’t accomplished even one thing on my todo list, and yes I may be dealing with first world problems. But I wasn’t sure I could take much more.
So I poured the warmed honey from the plate into a bowl with icky peanut butter and mixed.
Then I washed the microwave and tossed the traitorous bear into the trash.
I mixed the bowl, covered a cracker, popped it in my mouth. And decided it was time to regroup.


No comments:

Post a Comment