Tuesday, January 22, 2019

One Month

A month from today I will be flying to Phoenix.
I haven't been this homesick since I was 19. 
The need to see the things that are familiar. 
I need to hug my children. 
I need to love on my grand puppies.
I want to see my beloved mountains. 
I need to breath in warm, dry air.
I am praying for some rain though, 
to smell that amazing aroma of a desert rain storm. 
I want to view the Grand Canyon,
Drive through Sedona's red rocks.  
I plan on going to the Arizona Renaissance Festival.
I want to go to my favorite book store, looking for just the right thing. 
I want to have dinner with my children at Manuel's,
and pick up Filberto's to bring back with me. 
I need to remember what life was like in the Southwest, 
and remember what took me to the Midwest. 

The Phoenician girl needs to go home. 
I'm counting the days. 



Mark sent this to me! Good things are coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment