Saturday, January 12, 2019

SNOW SHOVEL

11:20 pm
I am woken from my toasty hibernation by a sound I am not at all familiar with.
Upon engaging my drowsy brain and realizing I have no idea what that sound is,
I flung off the 30 some pounds of blankets that I am cocooned in and literally jump out of bed.
I threw open the lace curtains and looked through the blinds.
There was a white truck in the parking lot with lights on, and several people in heavy
winter attire stomping through the 4 inches of fresh powdery snow outside.
My groggy brain then realized that the sound was this group shoveling the snow from
each door stoop in my neighborhood. They then proceeded to spread salt over each door step.
Then just as fast as they could, have they moved on to the next street.
The side of the truck had read Super Cutz; the same crew that cuts the lawns here at my complex.
This service they have provided left me in an awed sleepy amazement.
So kind, so thoughtful, so helpful and well... warm and fuzzy.
I love winter here in the Midwest. I love the magic that it conjures in my childlike heart.
I love that there are still people taking care of other peoples well being, even at 11:20pm in the snow!
....  Back to my toasty hibernation and 30 some pounds of coziness awaitingw me on this chilly night. Snow shovels what a wonderful sound!

The snow plow arrived at 3:50am. Feeling very well cared for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment