Sunday, October 15, 2017

In My Sewing Room

It's cool outside today. My windows are open and I'm wearing socks! The birds are having a bath in the rain gutter above the window and the breeze is rustling the trees. Today is a perfect day! 
This afternoon I'm in my sewing room. I don't spend nearly enough time here, although I want to. 
A friend is coming to hang shelves in here this coming week to help me get more organized. There are so many creative things I want to do, but the chaos seems to keep me at bay. But today I wanted to get a start on the sewing room project. 
A dear friend gave me a tote a while back with some sewing odds and ends from her mother. (This is the kind of gift my heart melts over, even if it was just her cleaning out a spare room) In the tote were dozens of old spools of thread, a hand carved, wall mounted spool holder, buttons, scissors, two pair of pinking shears, dress makers pencils, pins, needles and other sewing trinkets. Some of the things I am clueless as to what they are used for, but that makes me happy too. There are spools of all sizes, many of them wooden. One is no bigger than the height of a penny, that also came in the tote (dated 1960). 
I may not get too very much accomplished in here today, but I'm okay with that. It's a beautiful day and I am surrounded by treasures! 



No comments:

Post a Comment