Sunday, October 22, 2017

French Lick

Named for the salt lick that the animals were drawn to back when this area in Indiana was still inhabited by the Native Americans. Lick Springs. Then the French moved in, and it became French Lick. But the area became populated by Germans. Go figure!
I have to admit that the name totally makes me giggle!!!!!
A friend and I took a morning drive up to French Lick this weekend. Here are some great views! 







This is one of the most charming restaurants I have been to. Even if I couldn't pronounce anything on the menu! The men's bathroom walls are covered in German maps. Don't ask how I know that thing!!








Larry Bird is from this little town and they are very proud of him. 
These pictures are of the lumber yard in French Lick. Story is... a great chef from the French Lick Hotel received too many tomatoes for what he was preparing. And rather than toss out the excess, he sent to be made into juice. The lumber yard was the first commercial tomatoe juice cannery. 


Great little town!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment