Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The End of a Life Chapter

Today is May 25th, 2016.
Today is my half birthday. 
I have 6 months left of my youth. 
After that... It's a brand new chapter. 
That's when, I do believe, life truly begins!

I have spent the last several years learning about me. Learning who I am, and truly learning to love myself. After all, the only person you spend your entire life with is you! 

The first few decades of my adulthood were spent being the mom (the very best part and my favorite). Since my mid thirties I've been looking forward to turning fifty. Life begins at 50 I do believe.

I no longer care to run in the ratrace, I no longer care to keep up with the Jones's or the Jensen's. I no longer care what others opinions are or what society finds to be socially acceptable. I'm no longer looking to others as role models and life coaches. I no longer feel the need to base right and wrong on others beliefs. 

I may not have it all figured out. I may not have all the answers. But, I have let go of the need to reach unrealistic goals. I no longer want that perfect picture life (it was only just a false impression anyway). And I am happy, with myself, my choices and my life.

I have learned enough along the paths of the first half of journey to know that I have more faith, trust and belief in me than I have ever had in anyone else. I am everything I looked for in becoming me.

As I sit in the middle of one of our great nations forests today, listening to the wind in the trees and the birds enjoying spring, I am celebrating the closing scene of my youth. Much as I took the time, when I was a young mother, to hold my new baby and enjoy the moments, and the months of my last pregnancy, to relish each stage of my babies development. I will be mindful of the next six months, making sure to use them to the fullest and enjoy them completely.

I am so grateful for life changes and new chapters. 
Here is to 49.5! The thought of turning 50 is thrilling! 



(Someone said "50 is the new 30".... I hope not! I'm looking forward to the adventure!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment