Friday, January 22, 2016

aNoTHeR SNoW DaY


I can tell you that driving in the snow scares me to bits. However, snow is the most beautiful embellishment ever. My normal daily drive to work takes me through the most beautiful residential area, lovely homes that don't look like cookie cutters, gorgeous yards and the most wonderful huge trees. My daily drive is such a joy, but when there is snow on the darling houses, covering the yards and hanging on the branches of every tree….it’s breathtaking.

This morning I watched the snow come down harder and harder, the air was white. I left early so I could let the car warm up and I could dust it all off. The snow is dry, it’s fluffy. The snowflakes are big and beautiful. The snow plows hadn’t been on all the smaller streets yet, so they were covered in about 3 inches of snow. Everything was white. I must have been the only neighbor to go to work today, because there were no other tire tracks other than mine. I chose to take the path more traveled to get to work today. There is more traffic and I hoped there would be clearer roads. The snow was dirty, and I only drove about 30 miles per hour, making sure I was cautious and careful. I still found myself enjoying the beauty.

As I look out my office window, EVERYTHING is white. The snow is coming down horizontally and it is really blowing.

It’s amazing here….
I guess I truly love it!
I am so thankful to be in Kentuckiana!









No comments:

Post a Comment