Sunday, January 31, 2016

ReSoLuTioN KePT

I made a few New Year Resolutions this year, and I have been very successful with a couple of them so far. But I have put one off. I set a goal to visit a museum or the like, every month of 2016. And as of today, the last day on January, I had yet to accomplish that monthly goal.
I had planned to go today, sneaking it in at the final hour so to speak, but I just wasn't feeling it today. (The weather was amazing today, I had errands to run, things to do around the house... I just wasn't feeling it.)
Then...
I got a text from a friend, she asked if I had met my goal. I said no. I was looking for socks at Kohl's. She asked if that was my fun event. Then she asked if I had walking shoes on. I said no, but since I live in Mayberry, it would take 15 to get them. She said to meet her down by the river. I grabbed my old sneakers and headed to Newburgh. I honestly think Newburgh is one of the most charming little towns. I met my friend and we went for a walk along the trail. It truly was perfect weather, there were lots of other people enjoying the day also. The Ohio River is so beautiful, and I love that the Kentucky side is lined in woods. As we started out, my friend said she thought that our walk would take care of my Monthly Museum Goal as well. Along our path there were historic markers, the first cabin in the area, the first lock house, and the Newburgh Dam and Locks. A History museum of sorts!! We also viewed charming house on the hills, cardinals and beautiful views. I thoroughly enjoyed the time with my friend, and I am grateful for her assistance in helping me to reach my New Year Resolution!






http://historicnewburgh.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment