Tuesday, August 6, 2013

ORIENTATION

Friday was 
Freshman Orientation.
I was happy my baby asked me to go, 
many of her friends didn't want their 

parents with them. 

We mapped out her rout, 
Saw every classroom,
Checked out her top locker, 
Sat down with her counselor,

Chatted with friends, 
Got a feel for what to do on the BIG DAY!

Cookie and Brooklyn at
FRESHMAN ORIENTATION
There were many speakers today. One told this new class of Coyotes that this is their school. That they need to love it, protect it, make it their own. By doing well in class, supporting the teams and clubs, by taking care of each other and the campus; they take ownership, responsibility and pride. 
Another youth speaker said that "the past is the past, everything from here forward counts." 
I loved these two bits of wisdom. I plan of helping her make these the best four years they can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment