Tuesday, October 9, 2012

......and in other news.......


I get alot of email at work, ALOT. And I will be the first to admit, I don't read it all. Shocking I know. But that's just how it goes. Today everyone at Discover got an email from HR. I glanced over it, there will be training, new timekeeping. Blah blah blah. Then my boss called a five minute meeting. We huddled. Part of this informative yet boring email said... ....

"Also, based on our analysis, on October 12, you may be eligible to receive pay for time spent signing on to your system prior to starting your workday. This payout is only applicable if you worked during the time period of May 17, 2010 – August 5, 2012. When your pay is received, if eligible, you will be required to electronically acknowledge the receipt of payment by Friday, October 26." 

Someone did the math, many of us will be receiving an additional 43 hours of pay on the next pay check. Can we all say WOOHOO!!! I have to send some love to the Department of Labor! Thanks for looking out for the working stiffs!!!! 
Happy Dance!!!

1 comment: