Sunday, October 22, 2023

1st PLAY LIST

This one album impacted my life so completely. As I listen to the album tonight, earbuds in, volume all the way up, I’m in my own little bubble. And back rush all the memories and emotions from decades ago. 
I was 18 when I was given the cassette tape. I had never heard of the group before. And to my delight I loved it. I can honestly say that I wore out that cassette tape. I have the cd, although I think it may be the one currently stuck in the cd player in my little white ford. But Spotify has me all taken care of tonight. 
All those years ago my world was changing so fast and this album slid me into the drivers seat of my new world. It was my personal therapy. As my babies came, life stood still and I leaned on the familiarity and constant of my personal playlist. 
My children, as they grew, knew that if mom put the album on during the weekend, there was serious housework to be done. And although they all scattered at the first beats, I know they loved it too. 
As my world evolved and dissolved and reconfigured, I still turned to the album as a balm of sorts. Relaxing, empowering, youthful… a glimpse of what I had held in my hands at the brink of adulthood, and a tool to help propel as my world changed. Still the same every step of the path. 
So tonight, eyes closed and music surrounding me, I feel, once again, that this is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment