Sunday, May 3, 2020

SUNDAY DRIVE

I took a Kentucky Sunday drive today.
As always I was delighted and amazed 
at the beauty around me. 
I drove backroads I had never been on before,
I went to places that look like fairytales.
I saw farmland, forests, steams and rushing rivers. 
Today I saw cattle, even herds of long horn, 
I saw more horses then I could count.
I saw a wild turkey, and pigs playing in mud.
I saw every shade of green; rolling hills covered in trees,
meadows of tall spring grasses.
I saw fields of bright yellow flowers.
Every once in a while I would see purple iris’s,
almost like the Lord places them randomly to tell me he was there,
thinking of me. 
I have a love affair going on with Kentucky. 
I am so glad to call this lovely part of the country my home!
♥️♥️♥️
I went to Mammoth Cave National Park,
Cave City and Glasgow, Kentucky. 


No comments:

Post a Comment