Thursday, November 22, 2018

ThanksGiving

Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays. Maybe it has something to do with being born the day after way back when or maybe because  I have always loved fall. Maybe it’s because of family and all the food. Who knows. But the past few years have been extremely tough. I have not liked spending time alone, Thanksgiving wasn’t the same. So all the traditions that were so precious to me where tucked away and Thanksgiving had become just another day.

But today is lovely! The leaves are all the colors of autumn, the weather is cheerful and cool and it feels like a perfect day. Jessette texted and sent me a link to the Macy’s Day Parade. She was baking cinnamon rolls as she watched the parade. She said “It’s tradition!” And so it is!

I think it’s time to bring some old traditions out and maybe start some new ones too.
I am tickled to share this special day with someone I want to share traditions with and make new traditions with. So as we drive through the woods of Kentucky today, I am so Thankful for the old and the new. I am so Thankful for my children; those that are mine by birth and those that are mine because of love. I am Thankful for where I call home, and so very Thankful for who I am sharing my life with. I am thankful for all that led me to where I am.
ThanksGiving is one of my favorite holidays.




No comments:

Post a Comment